Wednesday, June 30, 2010

21

Penny turned 3-weeks old yesterday. I'm impressed we've kept her alive for 21 days. To celebrate her long life, I'll tell you how she's improved mine.

1. Feeling needed, and I mean NEEDED.
2. Little monkey toes grasping my finger.
3. Good excuse to skip the makeup (which is clearing up my skin).
4. Seth and I working together wonderfully.
5. Miniature human being is now included in my list of belongings.
6. People carry my groceries out to my car now.
7. Outpouring of love and service from my family.


8. Being part of a real miracle.
9. Huge appreciation for good moms and dads who have gone before.
10. Finally having someone to read all my children's books to.
11. A new love of poop.
12. Realizing that I'm actually quite patient.
13. Little tiny shoes.
14. Seeing Seth as a dad, which is a beautiful thing to see.


15. Growing biceps sans working out.
16. Having something that connects me and Seth forever.
17. Understanding how one person can be both terribly brave and perfectly terrified.
18. Having good laughs and meaningful cries.
19. Great excuse to get out of anything--sorry, got this baby.
20. I now fall into the "well-endowed" category.
21. Renewed feeling of overwhelming love for my little family.

I love you dear, sweet Penny. Thanks for coming into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment