Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Calling all Dogs

Every morning I take Buddy and Penny to the park to play. Even though Penny screams like crazy it's probably Buddy's favorite part of the day. But this morning, for the first time ever, Penny didn't scream.

I let Buddy out of the car so he could take his usual 50 foot lead. I took Penny's silent body out of her car seat, and walked into the park. Holding Penny in one hand and Buddy's frisbee in the other, I got ready to throw for Bud, but looking in the park I couldn't see him anywhere. With a hint of panic, I looked around and finally saw him standing by the car. "That's odd," I thought as I called to him.

"Buddy! Buddy! Come're Bud!"

Nothing. He would not leave the car. Then he ran to the other side of the car with an open window and jumped up with his paws in the window. If Buddy wanted to skip his morning park visit, the whole world as I knew it could be a lie. "Maybe he's sick," I thought as I ran to him.

"You okay, little guy?"

He turned to me, and a little surprised saw Penny in my arms, sniffed her, and then sprinted into the park. With her not screaming, he thought I'd left her inside the car and wouldn't go without her. What a good boy I have. He takes such good care of Penny.


Also I think he's maybe the smartest dog ever. So I did an online doggy IQ test just to double check:

http://www.abc.net.au/animals/dog_test/default.htm

Yep. He's a genius. it's from 0-30. He got a 29. Anything over 25 is a genius dog. He's incredible. If you want to boast about your pup (Erin, Ben, Angela, Bonnie, Shay . . .), this is the post. If you happen to have a "special needs" dog (Kate and Lisa) do it anyway for fun.

Post your score if you dare.


13 comments:

  1. Haha, I DO want to try it, but Aggie's not remotely motivated by food. Maybe if I hide her soccer ball...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suck at spelling. Also, I said that soccer balls totally count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seth's such a good daddy. And Buddy's such a good dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, why does Penny always looks dead/fake in pictures? It's creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She does look dead:/ What a sweet dog Buddy is. I started reading about the dog test, and I realized I don't need to test Maizy. She might get a 1 if she's lucky and can sniff out a piece of cheese laying in front of her. I still love her though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dax got a 24/25. Everytime he is just sitting there and I start staring at him for three seconds, he just comes before I have time to smile. I had to call him twice to get him to come.

    Also, I'm not sure if this is an intelligence test or a how desperate is your dog for food test. Dax is good at that.

    - Ben

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet post, but a set-up for Maude. I resent the fact that you called her "special needs." The fact that she doesn't have a tooth in her head does not make her "special needs." ;)

    And I'm with Kate, Maude & Maizy should be exempt. Cheese sniffing isn't even on the test!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Mom, it's not the TEETH we're talking about.

    Hey Seth, I've had "Only the Good Die Young" stuck in my head for the last three days. Too bad you're not here--then we could have it stuck in our heads together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Freak, your songs are scary addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooo - does it count as "average" if i have one dog that rates genius and one that rates special needs??? lol. penny does look like a doll in this pic :) but i believe u that shes real

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny. Out of curiosity, who where's the pants in the relationship? The genius? Or the . . . special one?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I mean "wears." I suck as spelling again. Also, it was late.

    ReplyDelete